Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Packing

So I leave on Saturday for the desert once again. Once again putting my life on the line so that people at home don't have to worry about the simplest things. But while I'm washing my uniforms and packing the essentials up to make the life over there just a little more similar to home. I find myself thinking about some of my cousins and how the hell we all come from the same family. We are completely different people. Total opposites. And I can't even begin to understand how they think.

Why do some people's thought processes just seem totally insane? How could someone prioritize getting the next big high or just being completely nasty and lazy over a sweet baby or young child? Wouldn't that be a normal persons sole focus in life, to take care of that creature that needs you? It doesn't even have to be a child, it could a puppy or a kitten, or themselves. I just don't get it.

I'm referring mainly to my cousin, and her mother. I can't understand how they are able to continue to live in such a bizarre style. I'm not talking about lifestyle choices or stuff like that. I'm all about someone wanting to live a certain healthy way to express themselves or to make themselves happy. But living in filth and relentlessly taking advantage of the people that try to help them, I just don't understand.

But anywho, I've got to finish packing.

No comments: